“An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.”
We’ve all heard the saying, but is it true? We can’t, of course, confirm that it’s 100% true, but we do love this superfood. We regularly have apples stocked in our fruit bar – and with the health benefits attributed to apples, we think you should pile some on your plate the next time you visit! And this month, we’ve sweetened the menu with our apple cobbler, available from February 1st – 13th.
So, what makes this fruit a superfood? According to research, apples may help:
- Lower cholesterol. Apples contain pectin which has been shown to lower levels of “bad” cholesterol.
- Slim your waistline. But you have to keep the peel on! An apple’s peel contails Ursolic Acid which has been linked to lower obesity risks. Plus, with all the fiber packed into them, apples will keep you fuller for longer.
- Protect your lungs. Another reason to keep the peel – an antioxidant, Quercetin, is found in the skin of apples and is attributed to protecting lungs from pollutants.
- Boost your immune system. Apples are packed with Vitamin-C which may help fight off any nasty colds.
- Boost your memory. Hopefully you’ll remember, but apples are said to increase the production of Acetylcholine which bumps communication between nerve cells and increases memory.