Strawberry Fields Salad Recipe
Spring has come and gone and the summer season of backyard barbecues, family reunions, and holiday picnics has officially arrived! Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes has the perfect recipe for those summer potlucks.
Our Strawberry Fields Salad with homemade caramelized walnuts is the perfect vegan and gluten-free side dish to bring to all of your summer festivities. It’s almost guaranteed to have all your party guests asking for seconds.
What’s your favorite dish to bring to a summer get together? Let us know in the comments!
Strawberry Fields Salad
- 15 minutes
- 10 cups
Vegan, Gluten Free
|Diced walnuts||1/2 cup|
|White sugar||4 tbsp|
|Sweetened frozen strawberries||1 1/2 lb|
|Balsamic vinegar||2/3 cup|
|Dijon mustard||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Kosher salt||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|Canola oil||3/4 cup|
|Chopped romaine lettuce||4 cups|
|Mesclun mixed lettuce||4 cups|
|Sliced strawberries||1 cup|
|Shredded carrots||1/2 cups|
|Thinly sliced red onion||1/2 cup|
|Black raisins||1/2 cup|
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the walnuts.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove walnuts from heat and strain them.
- Combine walnuts and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and stir to coat.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. When done, set aside to cool.
- While walnuts are baking, combine the frozen strawberries, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, oil and remaining sugar in a food processor and blend.
- Retain ½ cup for the salad and save the remainder for another dish.
- Toss the romaine lettuce, mixed lettuce, sliced strawberries, carrots, red onion, and raisins with the cooled walnuts and ½ cup of the dressing.