First-Class Taste Sensations: Italian Savory Flavors Spring Forth in Zesty Soups, Salads, and Pastas
Ciao! Spring is right around the corner and our days are getting brighter with delicious Italian Recipes all month long! We are taking your taste buds to Italy with fresh salads, flavorful soups, and meaty pastas!
Start your plate off with the classic Antipasto Salad which is full of savory goodies, including provolone cheese and slow cured salami. Our salami comes from Galileo Foods in San Francisco, founded in the 1920s, and is now the nation’s leading producer using high quality ingredients.
The pesto recipe used in the Besto Pesto Orzo with Pine Nuts tossed salad goes back to a grandma in Italy from Carla’s Pasta. Simple, fresh ingredients of basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, garlic, cheese and pine nuts.
Our savory Three Cheese Tortellini Soup is filled with cheesy goodness: Ricotta, Romano and Parmesan Cheeses. We also have your favorite Classic Creamy Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Focaccia Dippers!
We always like making new recipes and one that will have you wondering is the Tuscan Farro Salad with Tomato Basil Dressing. What is farro? Farro is an ancient grain that is made up of group of 3 wheat species: Spelt, Emmer, Einkorn. We get our organic farro from Agribosco in Italy.
Swipe right, to the pasta line and try two new Italian pasta recipes being served for dinner service – the meaty Beef & Sausage Bolognese Pasta and the creamy, rich Pollo Broccoli Alfredo.
End your Italy trip sweet with Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and Amaretto Apple Crumble after dinner. Have a glass of Basil Lemonade or Italian Roast Coffee as you wind down from the delicious, fresh, wholesome meal in Italy.
We offer a large variety of options, including the following Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten-Friendly dishes:
Prepared Deli Salads:
- Classic Antipasto: Gluten-Friendly (Avail. Feb. 29-Mar. 14)
- Arugula Pesto Orzo w/ Pine Nuts: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar.1-14)
- Italian White Bean: Vegan (Avail. Mar. 1-14)
- Tuscan Farro Salad w/ Tomato Basil Dressing: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 1-14)
- Besto Pesto Orzo w/ Pine Nuts: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 17-31)
- Zesty Tortellini: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 17-29)
- Provencal Green Bean & Potato: Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
- Sriracha Ranch Slaw: Vegetarian
- Joan’s Broccoli Madness w/ Bacon & Cashews: Gluten-Friendly
- Cream of Mushroom: (Avail. Mar. 1-7)
- Chicken Orecchiette: (Avail. Mar. 1-14)
- Classical Minestrone: Vegan (Avail. Mar. 1-14)
- Three Cheese Tortellini: (Avail. Mar. 8-29)
- Roasted Ratatouille: Vegan and Gluten-Friendly (Avail. Mar. 17-29)
- Classic Creamy Tomato: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 1-31)
- Deep Kettle House Chili: Gluten-Friendly
- Penne Arrabbiata: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 1-14)
- Pollo Broccoli Alfredo: (Avail. Mar. 1-14 Dinner Only)
- Papa’s Alfredo Parma: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 1-14 Lunch Only, Mar. 15-29 Lunch & Dinner)
- Vegetable Ragu: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 17-29 Dinner Only)
- Beef & Sausage Bolognese Pasta: (Avail. Mar. 17-29 Dinner Only)
- Spicy Sausage & Pasta: (Avail. Mar. 1-31)
- Classic Mac: Vegetarian
- San Francisco Herb Rice: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Grilled Cheese Focaccia Dippers: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar.1-31)
- Quattro Formaggio Focaccia: Vegetarian
- Cheesy Garlic Focaccia: Vegetarian
- All Muffins: Vegetarian
- Baked Potatoes: Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
Beverage – Fruit – Dessert:
- Basil Lemonade: (Avail. Mar. 1-31)
- Italian Roast Coffee: (March 1-31 or until out)
- Blueberry Hibiscus Brewed Iced Tea
- Gala Apples & Pineapple
- Raspberry Gelatin
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar.1-14 Dinner Only)
- Amaretto Apple Crumble: Vegetarian (Avail. Mar. 17-29 Dinner Only)
- Flavored Mousse: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Tapioca: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Soft Serve: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Cottage Cheese: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Ranch: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Blue Cheese: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Fat Free Ranch: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Fat Free Honey Mustard: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- French Catalina: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Creamy Italian: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Green Chili Ranch: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Italian Vinaigrette w/ Basil & Romano Cheese: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Kansas City BBQ Ranch: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Italian Vinaigrette w/Basil & Romano Cheese: Vegetarian and Gluten-Friendly
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Gluten-Friendly
- Thousand Island: Gluten-Friendly
- Roasted Garlic: Vegetarian
- Creamy Sesame Soy: Vegetarian
- Fat Free Italian: Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
- Lemon Greek Vinaigrette (CH/NC/AZ): Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
- Greek(AZ): Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
- French (SD/AZ): Vegan and Gluten-Friendly
Selections may vary by time and location.
Please check with your local Souplantation / Sweet Tomatoes restaurant for the availability of specific menu items.
Need even more variety? We always have the following vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-friendly items available:
- Fresh cut produce
- Fresh cut fruit
- Baked potatoes
Do you have an additional allergy or dietary restriction? Our managers have a full list of ingredients on hand at each location and will gladly assist you in determining which menu items are available to enjoy!
*We define Vegetarian dishes as any menu item not containing poultry, beef, pork or fish, but may contain eggs and/or dairy products (cheeses used may contain either microbial or animal enzymes).
*We define Vegan dishes as any menu item not containing meat, eggs, dairy products, or any other animal-derived ingredients.
*We define Gluten-Friendly as any menu item that is prepared using no gluten containing ingredients in a non-gluten-free kitchen. May contain traces of gluten.
Due to the nature of our restaurants there is a possibility of cross-contact between menu items. We also make ingredient substitutions from time to time. This information is intended as a guide and is not a guarantee that a particular product is completely free of certain ingredients. We encourage you to carefully consider your dining choices if you have a severe sensitivity or allergy to certain foods.
About Garden Fresh Restaurant Corp.
Each day begins fresh at 124 company-owned Garden Fresh restaurants in 15 states. More than 300 million guests since 1978 have helped us to be number one in fresh produce and salads, made-from-scratch soups, hot pastas, freshly baked breads and muffins, fresh fruit, desserts, and more. Guests have the freedom to create their own wholesome meal in a one-of-a-kind dining experience in a friendly atmosphere and all at an everyday value. The company is headquartered in San Diego, CA, and has two brand names: Souplantation in Southern California, and Sweet Tomatoes elsewhere.