Potato, Kale & Chorizo Soup Recipe
It’s no secret that kale is one of our favorite superfoods here at Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes. With key nutrients and vitamins that support your overall wellness, what’s not to love about kale? To help you incorporate this leafy veggie into your family’s diet, our Culinary Services Manager wanted to share our newest recipe with you, our Potato, Kale & Chorizo Chowder.
Creamy with just a hint of spice, this is the perfect dish to curl up with next to the fire on a stormy night, or to add a new twist on your game-day celebration menu. Loaded with russet potatoes and tasty chorizo sausage, this tasty recipe will have everyone asking for seconds (or thirds).
Potato, Kale & Chorizo Chowder
- 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 6 cups
Vegan, Gluten Free
|Russet potatoes (1/2” diced)||6 cups|
|Chorizo sausage||1/8 lb|
|Yellow onion (1/2” diced)||1 1/4 cups|
|Garlic (finely minced)||2 tsp|
|Canola oil||1 tsp|
|Chicken bouillon base||2 tbsp|
|Kosher salt||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Whole milk||1 1/4 cups|
|Half & half||1 cup|
|Green kale (thinly sliced)||1 1/4 cups|
- Cook 2 cups of the potatoes in water until tender. Set aside.
- Cook chorizo according to package direction. Crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place oil, chopped onions and minced garlic into a pot. Sauté until soft.
- Add water, remaining 4 cups of uncooked diced potatoes, bouillon, salt and pepper to sautéed mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 20 minutes until potatoes are very soft.
- Add milk and half & half and blend until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add in kale, cooked sausage and the 2 cups of cooked potatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.