Whole Grain Greek Couscous with Pine Nuts Recipe
It’s easy to fit in superfoods like whole grains, and a rainbow of fresh veggies into your meal prep with Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes’ Mediterranean-inspired Whole Grain Greek Couscous with Pine Nuts.
Whole Grain Greek Couscous with Pine Nuts
- 45 minutes
- 10 cups
|Vegetarian base||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Water||3 1/2 cups|
|Whole wheat couscous||1 lb|
|Fresh lemon juice||6 tbsp|
|Kosher salt||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||3/4 tsp|
|Canola oil||1/2 cup|
|Rinsed garbanzo beans||1 cup|
|Sliced black olives||1 cup|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1 cup|
|Diced red bell peppers||1 cup|
|Diced celery||1 cup|
|Diced artichoke hearts||3/4 cup|
|Toasted pine nuts||3/4 cup|
|Sliced scallions||1/2 cup|
|Finely chopped mint||2 tbsp|
- Bring water and vegetarian base to a boil.
- Place couscous in a heat-safe container and add the heated liquid mixture.
- Cover with a lid and allow the liquid to be absorbed.
- Allow couscous to cool and break up any clumps.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, until vegetables are coated in the oil and seasonings.
- Combine this mixture with the cooled couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.