Lemon Salad with Spiced Pecans Recipe
Spring is a season of bright, refreshing flavors and these flavors are perfectly captured in our Lemon Salad with Spiced Pecans. This salad is bursting with light and zesty notes as cranberries dance with crunchy spiced pecans. With the season of spring offering up such exciting produce to craft meals with, our chefs decided to share a page out of our made-from-scratch recipe book so you can enjoy the flavorful dish at home, too.
Lemon Salad with Spiced Pecans
- 30 minutes
- 5 servings of salad, 5 cups of dressing
Vegetarian, Gluten Free
|Whole egg mayonnaise||3 cups|
|Frozen lemonade concentrate||2 cups|
|Dijon mustard||2 1/2 tbsp|
|Diced pecans (1/4″ pieces)||1 1/4 cups|
|White sugar||2 tbsp (plus optional additional sugar to sweeten dressing to taste)|
|Ground cumin||3/4 tsp|
|Table salt||1/2 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Chopped romaine||4 cups|
|Spring mix lettuce||2 cups|
|Blue cheese crumbles||1/2 cup|
|Dried cranberries||1/2 cup|
- Combine mayonnaise, lemonade concentrate and mustard and whisk until smooth. Sweeten to taste with optional sugar.
- Set aside ½ cup of this dressing for use later and store the remainder.
- Melt butter in pan. Add cumin, salt, cayenne pepper and the 2 tbsp of sugar. Heat until bubbling and sugar dissolves. Immediately add pecans and stir to coat.
- Carefully remove hot pecans from the pan and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F until brown and toasted. Set aside.
- Combine romaine lettuce, spring mix, blue cheese, cranberries, ½ cup of the pecans and ½ cup of the dressing.
- Toss together and enjoy!